Roaches and ants, oh my! and an Obama update
On Monday evening, as Surfergrl was about to make dinner, she turned on the kitchen light and saw ... GASP!!! the biggest cockroach she's seen since leaving Hawaii to go to college. This roach was THREE INCHES LONG! (Am now going to abandon the third-person ...)
I have since found out from longtime beach residents that roaches and ants are as much a part of life at the beach as the sand and the ocean. A big roach is OK, I'm told. You just tolerate its presence, and it will eventually scuttle away, back where it came from. One should be alarmed should one spot a bunch of baby roaches. Then you probably need to get out the insecticide.
At least the ants in my apartment are the small black ones. I crush them and leave their carcasses where they lie, hoping that the bodies will send out signals that their brethren should stay away from this dangerous zone.
+++
At 5 p.m. local time this Saturday, Aug. 16, CNN will carry a live broadcast of the Rev. Rick Warren's forum in Lake Forest, CA, at which presidential candidates Sens. Barack Obama and John McCain will appear. Surfergrl can't attend the forum or watch the live telecast, because she has to be at work. Maybe I can catch a rebroadcast of the program later over the weekend.
I have since found out from longtime beach residents that roaches and ants are as much a part of life at the beach as the sand and the ocean. A big roach is OK, I'm told. You just tolerate its presence, and it will eventually scuttle away, back where it came from. One should be alarmed should one spot a bunch of baby roaches. Then you probably need to get out the insecticide.
At least the ants in my apartment are the small black ones. I crush them and leave their carcasses where they lie, hoping that the bodies will send out signals that their brethren should stay away from this dangerous zone.
+++
At 5 p.m. local time this Saturday, Aug. 16, CNN will carry a live broadcast of the Rev. Rick Warren's forum in Lake Forest, CA, at which presidential candidates Sens. Barack Obama and John McCain will appear. Surfergrl can't attend the forum or watch the live telecast, because she has to be at work. Maybe I can catch a rebroadcast of the program later over the weekend.
Comments