A Hawaii girl is named publisher of Yakima, WA, newspaper
Sharon Prill, a former National Treasurer of the Asian American Journalists Association, is the new publisher of the Yakima Herald-Republic newspaper in Eastern Washington. Prill, who is part Filipino, has been general manager of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's website.
Here's what the Yakima paper said about her promotion, effective Nov. 22:
"Despite being a native of Hawaii, Prill said she’s now a veteran of Wisconsin’s notoriously frigid winter weather and isn’t worried about the four-season climate of Eastern Washington.
" 'It gets to like minus 10 or minus 15 degrees here,' she said. 'Put it this way, the river freezes here ... I think I can handle the Yakima winter.' "
Congratulations to Sharon Prill! Way to go, Sharon!
Here's what the Yakima paper said about her promotion, effective Nov. 22:
"Despite being a native of Hawaii, Prill said she’s now a veteran of Wisconsin’s notoriously frigid winter weather and isn’t worried about the four-season climate of Eastern Washington.
" 'It gets to like minus 10 or minus 15 degrees here,' she said. 'Put it this way, the river freezes here ... I think I can handle the Yakima winter.' "
Congratulations to Sharon Prill! Way to go, Sharon!
Comments